Your Guide to Inlays and Onlays
RESTORATIVE DENTIST | LAS VEGAS DENTIST
If you have a big filling that needs replacement, you may have been told you will simply have to get a complete crown. Our doctors prefers to use the least invasive, most conservative route whenever possible, and offers inlays and onlays in our Las Vegas dental office.
Inlays and Onlays
Regal Dentistry of Las Vegas | Las Vegas Dentist
Are you an ideal candidate for inlays and onlays?
Inlays and onlays provide a restored chewing surface for a damaged tooth, and are appropriate for use when:
- A cusp of the tooth is cracked or broken
- A large cavity that extends across the surface of the tooth needs filling
- Old fillings have cracked or fallen out, or there is decay under the filling
What are the benefits of inlays and onlays?
Inlays and onlays fit into a tooth like a filling, yet they are customized restorations, much like a crown. The bumps on top of a tooth are called cusps. Inlays fit between cusps, while onlays fit over one or more cusps. Inlays and onlays allow:
- Patients to retain more natural tooth structure, which is always best
- A more customized option than a filling
- Reduced need for a crown
- A more affordable option than a crown
Not every situation is right for an inlay or onlay, but our restorative dental team will assess your problem and determine the best solution for you.
Inlays and Onlays in Las Vegas
When a simple filling isn’t enough, we offer inlays and onlays to repair your bite. Schedule an appointment today! We’re committed to providing patients the dental care and expertise they deserve!